A lawsuit has been filed at Queens Supreme Court by Diane Chung who’s a real estate agent. She said that the incident took place on September 9th when the phone suddenly became “extremely hot”. Chung stopped using the phone and put it inside her purse, but soon she heard “screeching sound and noticed smoke coming out of her purse”.

e quickly removed the phone by emptying her purse on an elevator floor, but the fire did not stop until a bystander picked up the handset with a piece of cloth and threw it in a bucket of water reported by NewYork Post.

Samsung quickly responded and gave the following statement: